How to Use Emoji on Android
When words are not enough we can use emojis to better express different emotions and ideas. Emojis are small picture characters of faces, objects and symbols that can be combined and communicated.
Step 1: Check if your Android device can see emojis
Open up your Web browser and go to https://everyemoji.com. If your device supports you will see emojis. If it doesn't, you will see a bunch of squares.
Devices running Android version 4.4 or later can use the Google's own Gboard Keyboard to add emoji. Your device's built-in keyboard likely has an emoji option as well. Emoji character availability and style are determined by your Android version.
Step 2: Turn on the Gboard Keyboard
Go to Settings > System > Languages & input > Virtual keyboard > Manage keyboards > Tap on Gboard.
Step 3: How to access emoji on Gboard
1. Open any communication app like Android Messages.
2. Tap the text box such as a texting conversation to open the keyboard.
3. Tap the smiley face symbol next to the space bar.
4. The first page of emoji you normally see is recent emoji or the face emojis. You can drag your finger up or down or left to right within the page to scroll.
5. Tap your required emoji to add it to your message.